Friday, April 9, 2010

A shower on the third day...






So every three days I have to wash my hair. I know that this is different for every mom, and the way that mothers accomplish this task is also different. I usually shower my girls in the morning, our evenings are usually to busy for baths or showers, and so on a day I wash my hair this can be quite the process. Today I decided I would document this process.

I get in and wash my hair, during this time Ivy (9 months) is usually in the bouncer while Lily (4 years) on a good day entertains her.
I then get out undress Ivy and bring her in, Lily usually gets in at this point too, some days she takes a bath in the bathtub next to the shower instead.
Next I rinse and wash, oh and cuddle Ivy, while Lily usually sings at the top of her lungs and plays.
I take Ivy out and put her in the swinging chair where she waits patiently as long as she has had her turn in the shower!
Then its Lily's turn! I wash her and then myself.
Then while Lily continues to play and Ivy continues to swing I dry off and get dressed.
I then lotion up Ivy and get a diaper on her.
Finally Lily gets to get out of the shower(or bath) and I get both girls dressed.

It is quite the process and I didn't even get to drying and styling yet! It is a bad combination when I need to wash my hair and both girls are in need of a shower, but we make it work and this is how. Years ago the lack of showers and hot water would have eliminated this problem for a mother. It is nice having a fresh smelling baby and clean hair, but sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't rather the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment